SUNDAY, 13 AUGUST
Innovation Day Lab - Cinemas as Vital Artistic, Cultural and Community Hubs with Nina Peče Grilc (Kinodvor) and Javier Pachon (CineArte)
How can cinemas work to strengthen cinema-going culture and become vital hubs of their communities? Which are the best ways to engage and reach new audiences? What successful examples from around Europe are there to learn from? Welcome to a day filled with inspiration, practical tips and creative ideas.
Hotel Europe - Screening Room 2
9:30 – Registration & Welcome
10:00 – Introductory Session: Audience Development
• Cinemas: vital community and cultural hubs
• Audience development means CINEMA = FILM + AUDIENCE
• Renewing marketing & communication mindsets and strategies: How to promote cinema venues and films to different audiences?
11:30 – Coffee Break
11:45 – Session 1: Audience & Programme Diversity
• Diverse programming as key approach to audience development
• Kinodvor – City Cinema for all generations
• Young audience activities & film education: How to attract and engage young people?
13:00 – Lunch
Hotel Europe - ATRIUM
15:00 – Session 2: Promoting and Marketing Cinema Culture
• Cinema popularization projects: How to develop a cinema-going culture?
• Building strategic programme and brand identity partnerships
• Importance and impact of networking
• Curating and creating trusted and relevant cinema brands
• Workshop Exercise: How to be trendsetters
• Workshop Exercise: Cinemas of tomorrow
16:30 - 17:00 – Wrap Up & Q&A
MONDAY, 14 AUGUST
10:00 – 10:45
Hotel Europe - Atrium
IFFR Live with Melissa van der Schoor, International Film Festival Rotterdam
IFFR Live expands the excitement of a live festival experience of watching a film together in a theatre, with the filmmaker and cast, through the use of new technologies and social media. It adds a unique dimension by extending the cinematic experience to Video on demand (VOD) and broadcasting across borders. Via a live connection on a specially designed dashboard, audiences on various platforms can watch the cast and crew of the film present in Rotterdam and take part in the interactive talk show with surprise acts by asking questions via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp.
11:00 – 11:45
Hotel Europe - Atrium
Secret Arts Cinema with Hrvoje Pukšec, Pari Pikule
Secret Arts Cinema (SAC ) is a thematic film-event program held in various cities across Croatia that explores the exciting world of arts, crafts, design and architecture by presenting the work of selected artists. SAC is especially focused on deepening the connection between art and the audience by using the multi-platform approach (combination of film screenings, exhibitions, audience participation and interactive content). This programme is created by the association Pari Pikule - specialized in creating custom-made film programs and organizing festivals and film related events.