CineLink Work In Progress
In 2008, CineLink, the industry section of the Sarajevo Film Festival, launched a new industry service: CineLink Work in Progress.
CineLink Work in Progress is designed to promote outstanding films, in order to facilitate their completion, subsequent festival presentation, theatrical release and international circulation.
As a complementary element to CineLink, CineLink Work in Progress will present about 5 films from Southeast Europe that are currently in the stage of postproduction. The one-day event will be held on August 18th 2009 during CineLink and especially addresses selected international sales agents, festival representatives, local distributors and postproduction businesses. The attendance is on invitation only.
In 2009, CineLink Work in Progress in collaboration with The Post Republic, a Berlin-based post-production facility offering a full range of modern services to international clients, introduces an award for one of the selected projects. A jury consisting of 3 international film professionals will award the project with the highest artistic and international potential. The winning project will receive in-kind post-production services in the amount of 80.000 EUR from the Post Republic.
The award will be handed out during the closing ceremony of the Sarajevo Film Festival on August 20th 2009.
The selected projects are:
Belly of the Whale (Romania)
directors: Ana Lungu and Ana Szel
producer: Marcela Ursu
production company: 42 km Film
The Boy Who Was a King (Bulgaria)
director: Andrey Paounov
producer: Martichka Bozhilova
production company: Agitprop
Circus Fantasticus (Slovenia)
director: Janez Burger
producer: Jožko Rutar
production company: Staragara
If I Want to Whistle I Whistle (Romania)
director: Florin Şerban
producer: Daniel Mitulescu
production company: Strada Film
Heaven On Earth (Croatia)
director: Ognjen Sviličić
producer: Damir Teresak
production company: Maxima Film
Rules and Regulations
- CineLink Work in Progress is open for film projects from the following countries: Albania, Austria, Bosnia andHerzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey and UNMI Kosovo.
- The film should clearly have an international thetarical potential.
- The film should have at least 50% of the material already shoot.
- The film should not have an international sales agent attached.
- At the event, producers and directors of the selected projects have a slot of approximately 60 minutes to screen excerpts of their film and to present the status of the project and the completion strategy.
- One-to-one meetings can be arranged on request.
- The film should not have been presented at any market or festival.
- CineLink Work in Progress covers airfare for one representative per project and accommodation costs for 3 days in Sarajevo for 2 representatives per project.
Please contact us for further information (email@example.com).
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Back to Top