The Waterfall at Skakavac
The waterfall at Skakavac is located 12 km north of Sarajevo, above village Nahorevo. That is one of the greatest and most attractive waterfalls in BiH. The waterfall is 98 meters high and olaced in the landscape of outstanding natural beauty.
Vrelo Bosne is the spring of the river Bosnia, and one of country's top natural landmarks. Three kilometres long alley will bring you from Ilidža to Vrelo Bosne. This landmark has been visited by the citizens of Sarajevo and sorrounding towns for centuries and relaxation haven. It is 10 kilometers away from the centre of sarajevo. (Tram No. 3 – Ilidža direction)
Sarajevo's Tunnel of Hope
It was built under the runway between 27th March and 30th July, 1992. The lenght was 720 meters. It served as the only regular connection with the rest of the world.
For organized group visits, please contact TIC (tourist Info center 532 606)
Hagada of Sarajevo
It was written in the 14th century and its believed that Jewish congregation of Sephards who had been expelled from Spain brought it to Sarajevo.
The Old Orthodox church
It is estimated that church was built around 1539. The church also serves as museum displaying icons and frescos from the 15th century onwards.
The Coppersmith Street, 'Kazandžiluk', one of the most appealing and attractive in Baščaršija, is an old Sarajevan street founded in 1528. Its name is derived from little shops of „Kazandžijas“ who made copper items of practical use, such as tableware, hand-crafted copper coffe pots, ewers, vases and decorative plates. The craft is still live, making tableware and souvenirs.
Svrzo's house is a typical example of old Bosnian housing architecture from the Ottoman period and the only one that still looks the same as it did 400 years ago, when it was first built.
Olimpic beauty – Bjelašnica Mountain in these hot summer days, has a lot to offer such as hiking, paragliding, village tourism, etc.
The Gazi Husrev-bey Mosque
Designed by Adem Asir Ali, and completed in 1531, The Gazi Husref-bey Mosque was the foocus for the local religious community. It is one of the most valuable buildings from Ottoman period. The clock alongside tower was built at the and of the 17th century. A separate construction was built beside it to house the „instrumentarium“ or „muvekit“ measured the passing of time and kept the clock on „Turkish“ time.
The Cathedral „Heart of Jesus“
Built and furnished between 1884 and 1889 by the architect Josip Vancaš. Its simple facade is typical of early Gothic cethedrals.
Lukomir village is located in the heart of Bjelašnica Mountain. Surrounded by high ranges and intact nature, the village preserved its original appearance, the arhaic houses with old attics – čardaks and tin covered roofs dating back to XVIII century. The medieval tombstones – stećci, scatter the fields and are now part of the natural beauty.
The Rakitna River, weaving its way its way through the canyon set deep among the Mt.Bjelašnica peaks, is one of the most exciting and least explored canyons in Europe. The long, seep and at some pionts extremely narrow and steep sides of the canyon, present a strong challenge even to experienced mountaineers. Old houses with single roofs, built to the unique Bosnian highland style, decorate the mountain peaks and heights along canyon.
Back to Top